Recycling will be the favourite at Stratford-On-Avon racecourse next week, when the recycling industry takes over the meeting.
All races at Stratford-On-Avon racecourse on Monday 3 October are being sponsored by Member companies of The Recycling Association.
Around 75 Members from the Association will also be in attendance at the meeting, as part of the annual race day networking event.
The seven races on the card are:
- 1pm – The Recycling Association Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Chase
- 1:35pm – Recycling UK Juvenile Maiden Hurdle
- 2:10pm – Newport Recycling Novices’ Hurdle
- 2:45pm – Re-Gen Waste Management Novices’ Handicap Chase
- 3:20pm – Ecogen Recycling Handicap Hurdle
- 3:55pm – CS Recycling Novices’ Handicap Hurdle
- 16:30pm – Winfibre Open NH Flat Race
The Recycling Association chief executive Simon Ellin said: “We are under starter’s orders for our first ever recycling-themed race day on 3 October at Stratford-On-Avon racecourse.
“While we’ve had our annual race day for many years, this is the first time that Member companies have sponsored races, and it is great that we’ve sponsored every race to make it recycling-themed.
“Horseracing is the second most popular spectator sport in the UK, only behind football. So this recycling-themed day is great publicity for our industry and the Member companies that have sponsored a race. The recycling sector and those sponsoring will benefit from the publicity given in the national press and on TV sports channels and radio.
“I’m betting it is going to be a great day for everyone who attends and for the industry as a whole.”