31 January 2019
We're delighted to announce that we are launching a new recycling conference along with seven other influential recycling sector associations.
Taking place on 2 July 2019, The Recycling Event will be a cost-effective one-day major conference that is aiming to attract hundreds of delegates and address many of the key issues facing the sector..
It will be held at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.
Along with the seven other associations involved, we have been heavily involved in developing the concept behind the event and are part of the editorial board that is devising the content for the four conference theatres. We're also developing a range of networking and small scale, cost effective exhibition opportunities.
We're working with the following trade associations on this conference:
- Confederation of Paper Industries
- Resource Association
- British Glass
- Wood Recyclers Association
- Industry Council for Packaging and the Environment (INCPEN).
Initial interest in the conference has been good and further associations may be announced prior to the event.
The Recycling Event will contain four conference theatres. These are:
- Environment: For Love or Money? Theatre – dedicated to looking at examples of whether it is better to treat recycling and the environment as a market-based system or as the right thing to do
- The Delivery Theatre – a theatre looking at how we deliver the Resources and Waste Strategy and Circular Economy Package
- A Design for Lifecycle Theatre – how we design products for recyclability and the conditions necessary for using more recycled content will be looked at in this theatre
- The Market Intelligence Theatre – seminars and presentations dedicated to current market conditions and end destinations will be hosted in this theatre.
Networking areas will include a dedicated networking café and an on-site pub (with a free to attend pub quiz from 6pm on 2 July - bring a team!) More networking events will be announced soon.
Allied to the conference will be a small amount of cost-effective exhibition space. At a flat rate of just £750+VAT, exhibitors will get a table top stand including a table, two chairs, two event tickets and space for two pull-up stands. Spaces are limited and can be booked online at www.therecyclingevent.com
To attend the conference delegates will pay just £85+VAT, making this the best value conference in the recycling sector. A £5 donation will be made from each ticket sold to the charity WasteAid to assist its good work in developing recycling and waste programmes in developing countries. Book your tickets here.
Commenting on the launch of The Recycling Event, The Recycling Association chief executive Simon Ellin said: “Trade associations have worked together to support this event, developing the conference content and networking opportunities. You won’t regret attending.”
For more information about the conference contact Paul Sanderson on 0774 778 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org