If you have worked in the waste industry in a supervisory or managerial role and have MRF and Transfer Station experience, could you lead our Bishop's Cleeve facility, near Cheltenham? As our Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery), you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Company car (you must have a full UK driving licence and live within, or be willing to relocate to, within a 40-mile radius of Bishop's Cleeve)
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery) role
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of our Bishop's Cleeve MRF - one of our Materials Recovery Facilities - and Transfer Station, ensuring that both comply with all relevant Health & Safety requirements and environmental regulations.
The MRF deals with approximately 8,000 tons per annum of mixed recyclables, the Transfer Station approximately 35,000 tons per annum of commercial industrial and domestic waste from both Grundon vehicles and outside customers.
As Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery) you will manage and motivate a team of six, observing all current H&S and HR employment policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery)
- Relevant experience within the waste management industry in a supervisory/managerial role and with MRF and Transfer Station experience.
- Commercial awareness, sound judgement, and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of employment law.
- You hold a current COTC qualification (or are working towards).
- Ideally, you hold a NEBOSH certificate (or are working towards).
What are the working hours?
40 hours per week: 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery)? Click apply!