Product Quality Manager - Beenham, near Reading, Berkshire
Do you have at least one year's quality control experience plus an understanding of the waste industry and marketplace for recovered products? If so, you could play an important part in the continued success of Grundon’s Materials Recovery Facilities
Our industry-leading Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) in the south-east provide efficient separation and recovery of recyclable waste materials. As our Resource & Recovery Product Quality Manager (based at Beenham but travelling between MRFs), you'll play a vital role in ensuring that the quality of recovered products remains at a high standard. Setting requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers, and monitoring their compliance, is a key part of the job. You'll also supervise and coach MRF staff engaged in inspection and testing activities.
What are we looking for in you?
* At least one year’s quality-control experience
* Accurate data recording and reporting; you know your way around a database
* Technical knowledge of recycling operations and recycling industry quality requirements
* A full UK driving licence (you must live within 40 miles of Beenham, or be willing to relocate)
What are the working hours?
This is a full-time job and the hours are 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday - a total of 42.5 hours per week, though you'll need to be flexible about start and finish times and working additional hours.
What are the benefits & perks?
You'll earn a competitive salary, company car and attractive benefits, including:
• When we do well, we want you to benefit too. So we have a discretionary bonus which is payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits.
• Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
• Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
• Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
• Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
• Perks at Work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping.
• Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
Interested? If you’d like to join the Grundon success story then please apply via our website, where you’ll also find the full job description, or email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org