Field based Paper Expert
Clearpoint Recycling is an established, fast-growing company operating all over the world. Due to our increasing success we are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable paper expert to join our continually expanding team.
The successful candidate will be an independent and driven “people person.” The ability to self-motivate, hunt out opportunities and drive profit, whilst building strong and lasting relationships is the foundations to being successful in this role.
This role is the chance to negotiate prices and deals with complete autonomy, whilst still having the security and support of an established and knowledgeable team.
- A strong fibre knowledge and considerable experience within the paper industry
- Detailed knowledge of all pre-consumer paper grades with the ability to identify specialist grades and composition by sight and touch.
- A good understanding of the UK paper supply chain and ideally some knowledge of the export market
- The ability to adapt communication styles to effectively build relationships with a variety of people at all levels within a business
- Comfortable being a “deal maker” and negotiating on both the supply and sales side to achieve optimum prices and margin.
- A strong commercial drive coupled with a hunger to grow your account base, increase margin and a clear vision of the end goals and “bigger picture.”
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive mind used to question and dig further into information provided.
- A friendly manner and a positive “can do” attitude; with team success being at the core of every decision.
- Ability to keep calm and make logical, commercial decisions based on the current market and company requirements - taking into account a variety of stakeholder perspectives.
- Representing the Clearpoint brand in an ethical and professional manner to all stakeholders
You will be responsible for;
- Regularly visiting accounts all over the UK to identify and quality check specialist grades of paper
- Negotiating, bidding and securing recyclable material at the best possible price.
- Visiting accounts in Europe and potentially worldwide when opportunities are highlighted
- Highlighting priority accounts and grades, finding key contacts and nurturing long term, lasting relationships.
- Attending a monthly meeting at Head Office in Harrogate to discuss successes / improvements and future priorities.
- Working closely with all departments at Head Office to ensure all aspects of the sale are completed with optimum customer service and minimal problems.
- Providing accurate and detailed descriptions of material condition, environment and background to ensure quality is maintained.
- Updating detailed descriptions and analysis for each paper grade on to the bespoke company CRM system.
- Resolving any customer issues to ensure the best outcome for the company whilst considering both personal targets, customer relationships and the bigger company picture.
- Communicate clearly and comprehensively on successes, priorities and market trends to the management team.
In return you will be given;
- Complete control to build your own success. Complete autonomy to hunt out business opportunities and secure them based off your own relationships and intuition.
- The chance to be a part of a dynamic, vibrant team with a great support network to assist you at every point.
- To be part of one of the fastest growing recycling e