About European Polymers
European Polymers are an established company in the Waste and Recycling Sector. Through our customers across the world we can offer our UK suppliers the best value rebates across all grades of scrap plastic and fibre products. We operate in all sectors from skip hire companies, national waste providers, manufacturing, distribution and brokers.
We buy all grades of plastics including all LDPE from 98.2 – Construction Film, PP bags, EPS, HDPE, PET (bottle and tray) and offer the best rates in the market place for OCC and other fibre grades.
Summary of the Role
The role of the BDM, will be to develop a range of supply markets of fibre and scrap plastics and to close profitable deals from the Waste, FM and Distribution sectors. The successful person will achieve success through a disciplined and consistent approach to servicing suppliers nationwide.
One of the key aspects of the role is to visit supplier sites on a regular basis in order to build good relationships at all levels, inspect material quality, sample, check stock levels and most importantly negotiate deals.
This position requires the BDM to respond quickly to changing market conditions such as material pricing, shipping and exchange rates.
It is based on 100% new business and so you should have experience of dealing with clients in the B2B sector and be highly ambitious and goal driven.
Our ideal candidate would possess all of the following skills:
- Time management
- Commercial mindset
- Communication skills at all levels
- Manage and respond quickly to changing/competing priorities
- Highly organized, able to independently plan own time e.g. Outlook calendars and reminders
- Able to use Excel, Outlook, Word and other MS Office products
- Undertake effective internet research (not only Google)
- Able to develop new business opportunities from scratch
- Experience of trading scrap plastics or other waste would be an advantage
We are offering to the successful candidate:
- Salary – dependant on experience
- Uncapped and achievable commission structure
- Fully expensed company car
- Fuel Card
- Mobile and Laptop
- Flexibility to work from home
Please apply in the first instance to email@example.com with a full CV and salary expectations.
Closing date is 30th October
No agencies please